Apples are good for you. Well, you knew that already, right? As the saying goes ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’. But are you aware of their amazing specific health benefits of apples?
WHY EAT APPLES
- Apples lower cholesterol. The soluble fibre pectin helps lower LDL or ‘bad’ cholesterol.
- Apples may fight cancer Several studies found that eating apples may significantly reduce the risk of developing larynx, colorectal, oesophageal , breast, ovary, oral and prostate cancers.
- Apples Decrease Diabetes risk Several reputable studies have shown that eating apples regularly reduces risk of type 2 diabetes. Polyphenols in apples reduce glucose absorption from the digestive system, meaning less sugar enters the blood.
- Apples boost brainpower Emerging research shows apples may help prevent the decline with age in the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, associated with memory and cognitive function and may lower your chances of developing Alzheimer’s Disease
- Apples support digestive health Apples are a calming, digestive-friendly food. The pectin is particularly beneficial; it is a gentle fibre and can be effective for both constipation and diarrhoea. Apples are especially soothing to the gut when baked or stewed.