These lean beef burgers are a great source of iron and lean protein. Serve in good quality bread rolls, stuffed with tomatoes and salad leaves for a healthy, budget friendly meal.
- Peel and finely chop the red onion. Peel and crush the garlic. Wash and chop the parsley.
- Put the minced beef into a large mixing bowl and add the onion, garlic, parsley, egg yolk, nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, chilli flakes and parmesan if using. Season and mix thoroughly. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- To make the burgers, wet your hands and roll the mixture into 4 portions. Then press flat with your hands on a chopping board.
- Brush both sides of the burgers with the olive oil and grill or griddle for 4 minutes on each side, or a little longer if you prefer your burger well done.
- Toast the burger buns until lightly golden. Spread the base of the buns with good quality mayo and top with tomato, lettuce, avocado then the burger, red onion slices and the other half of the bun.
- Serve with a bowl of our sweet potato wedges, if you like
Leave A Comment