- Making your own custard is easy and the taste is well worth it. This is a key ingredient in Trifle with an Italian twist.
- Put the milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil, Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the yolks with the sugar and vanilla until light and frothy. Beat in the flour.
- Add the hot milk slowly to the egg mixture, stirring all the time.
- Transfer the custard to a pan and cook slowly over a low heat, stirring continuously until it thickens and starts to bubble.
Leave A Comment