A tasty and hearty ragu' of mushrooms and beans rich in fibre, protein and antioxidants. It makes a quick and healthy weekday supper served with pasta or a jacket potato.
- Rinse the dried porcini under running water. Put in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to infuse for at least 10 minutes.
- Wipe the mushrooms, trim the stalks and thinly slice. Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and crush the garlic. Wash the parsley and thyme and finely chop. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Warm the oil in a large pan. Add the chopped onion, garlic and herbs and sprinkle with a little salt. Cook over a low heat for 7-8 minutes until soft.
- Add the fresh mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Meanwhile drain the porcini, finely chop and add to the pan. Stir until well combined. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the water released by the mushrooms has been absorbed.
- Pour in the passata and beans, season with a little salt and a grinding of black pepper and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
Leave A Comment