The bright pink stems of forced rhubarb (grown indoors) are far more delicate than the robust variety that grows in warmer months and ideal for puds. This combo of roast rhubarb, Greek yogurt & granola makes a fantastic weekend breakfast or quick seasonal pud. Nutritionally rhubarb is a source of manganese, a trace mineral essential for healthy bones and connective tissue.
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 190˚C/170˚C FAN/GAS 5
- Trim the rhubarb and rinse under running water. Chop each stalk into 5cm pieces.
- Squeeze the orange and mix the juice with the honey.
- Arrange the rhubarb pieces in one layer in an oven -proof dish. Add the star anise and drizzle with the orange juice and honey mixture. Roast the rhubarb in the oven for 15 -20 minutes. It’s done when soft but firm.
- Discard the star anise and leave the rhubarb to cool for 5 -10 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt with the vanilla extract. Divide the granola and yogurt between four glasses, then top with the roast rhubarb and drizzle with the roasting juices. Chill until ready to serve.
Leave A Comment