A simple, healthy salad of chunky aubergines, tomatoes & herbs and an excellent source of antioxidant micronutrients. Add some cooked mixed grains, I really like the ready mix of quinoa, bulgur and red rice, for a delicious portable lunch.
- Top and tail the aubergines and rinse under running water. Cut in half lengthways, then divide each half into 3 strips and dice. Place in a colander, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and halve the tomatoes. Peel and finely slice the onion. Peel and crush the garlic. Rinse and finely chop the mint and parsley.
- Rinse the diced aubergine under running water and pat dry with kitchen paper. Warm the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic, sprinkle with a little salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the aubergines and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and chilli flakes and stir to combine. Add the chopped mint, tomatoes and a little sea salt, cover the pan with a lid and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft but still retain their shape.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and leave to cool before serving.
Leave A Comment