- A tasty and satisfying summer one-pot that takes just 15 minutes prep time.
- For a cheaper alternative mix an equal amount of ground veal and pork.
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 190˚C/170˚C FAN/GAS 5
- Tear the bread into a bowl, cover with the milk and set aside. Wash and chop the parsley.
- SCOOP Use a small knife to cut off the top of the peppers. Reserve the tops and scoop out the seeds. Brush the inside of each pepper with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Put the veal into a large bowl, break the egg into it and add a generous pinch of salt, a grating of nutmeg, a generous grinding of black pepper, the parmesan, chopped parsley and soaked sourdough. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal parts and stuff the prepared peppers. Cover each pepper with its top and sit upright in a roasting tin. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the peppers.
- Transfer to the hot oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the peppers have wilted and softened.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leave A Comment