- We love this rhubarb fool because it’s so easy to make and so quintessentially English. Perfect as a late spring or summer pud.
- Try substituting the ginger with strips of orange zest for a change.
- PRE-HEAT THE OVEN TO 190˚C/170˚C FAN/GAS 5
- Wash the rhubarb, top and tail and cut into 3cm long pieces. Peel the ginger and cut into thin slices.
- Put the rhubarb into a shallow oven dish, sprinkle with the caster sugar and shake the dish so the rhubarb pieces are in single layer. Dot the ginger slices among the rhubarb. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and return the rhubarb to the oven for another 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is just tender. Remove the pieces of ginger and set aside.
- Whip the cream just enough for it to slide slowly off the spoon. This is important as over-whipping will cause the cream to separate when you fold in the rhubarb. Stir the yogurt into the whipped cream.
- Reserve a few pieces of rhubarb to decorate the top of the fool, then fold the rest into the whipped cream and yogurt.
- Spoon into glasses. Top each glass with a few pieces of rhubarb and drizzle with the syrupy juices from the pan. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Leave A Comment