A light, creamy dessert perfect for alfresco entertaining. Get ahead - make this easy cheesecake the day before and decorate with the fresh strawberries one hour before serving.
- Crush the digestive and amaretti biscuits, either in a blender or by putting them in a food bag and lightly beating them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter. Remove from the heat and combine with the crushed biscuits. Press into a 20 cm loose-bottomed baking tin and chill.
- Meanwhile, rinse and zest the lemons. Cut them in half and squeeze for the juice.
- Combine the cornflour, sugar and zest and juice of the lemons in a small pan. Cook over a low heat, stirring continuously, until thickened.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks.
- Beat the ricotta into the lemon paste. Stir in the whipped cream.
- Spread the creamy mixture over the biscuit mixture and return the tin to the fridge.
- Wash and hull the strawberries and slice them thinly, lengthways. Decorate the cheesecake with the strawberries and chill until ready to serve.
Leave A Comment